These patties are so tasty, even carnivorous eaters will be impressed. We recommend serving on a whole-grain bun with raw spinach and avocado.
READY IN: 25 Minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup minced yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Franks RedHot) or Thai Chili sauce
- 1 egg (egg substitute for vegans)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the black beans with a fork, leaving a few lumps behind.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- With your hands, divide the mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet, and cook 2-3 minutes for each side.